Sunday, November 4, 2007

Old test paper and school books? Re-used!

The primary school examinations are over for my children and the third term school holiday is just round the corner. It is near time of the year to spring clean either for Christmas, the new year or the Chinese New Year.

What do you do with all the old test papers and school books? I have decided to give them to, May Lim, the owner of the day care centre my children go to. This is where my children go to for their daily revision and to complete homework that they need guidance with since both my husband and I are English educated and we have placed them in Chinese medium school.

I have suggested that she also collect test papers from all her students who have performed well in their examinations. She can use them as testimonials of the performance of her centre for her potential customers to review. She can also use them to gauge the kind of questions, the school my children are in, will set in future and teach them accordingly.

With the old school books from my children, teachers she engaged will have a set of their own text books to teach with instead of sharing with the children they are teaching.

If this results in more students for her, I hope it will reflect in the rate I have to pay her to put my children at her centre;). Maybe you would like to give this a try too.

No comments: