Monday, May 5, 2008

A letter from an unborn child

Do you know what is an amniocentesis test?

I know about it because I conceived both my children after the age of 35. When I was in my 15th week of pregnancy for both my children, I had this procedure performed on me to remove amniotic fluid from my womb for testing. I chose to do it because I was advised by my gynecologist that the risk of having children with Down Syndrome increases with age.

This video will give you an idea of the procedure I had been through.



It will take about 2 weeks to get the result and if the test shows any chromosomal abnormalities, the parents will be given the option to abort the pregnancy. By then the feotus will be 17 weeks old. After watching this slide I received, I am very grateful that both test results for my children showed no chromosomal abnormalities and I do not have to make such a decision.

====================================================================================

No comments: