Thursday, October 25, 2007

A wake up call from my son.

My son came home from school recently and happily told me that he has scored 91% for his Science subject. I was smiling with pride, until he rattled on the scores of his classmates, with one hitting 98%.

I asked him why he could not hit that mark too. He looked at me blankly and said, "I can easily hit 100%". As I looked at him with an "Are you sure?" expression, he continued, "Just copy", and walked away.

Well, I have been to school before and I know that some of my classmates do copy during examinations. I quickly grabbed hold of my son, and told him that I am so proud that he has done so well without cheating.

So, the next time he tells me his score I am going to shout "Yahoo, well done!", instead of pushing him to copy.

No comments: