Monday, December 3, 2007

YouTube Video Download Tool

There are many times I saved links to websites that I appreciate but later, when I refer to them again, the information that I am interested in are no longer there. I can take notes or write about what I have learned on my blogs for future references but what about the movies posted on great websites like YouTube?

TechCrunch has the answer with this very useful tool for downloading YouTube movies on their website and here are the steps:

1) Copy the link to the YouTube movie you are interested in. Example, if you would like to save a cartoon titled "Human" posted on the following link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlY-TNsbcMI. Copy that link.

2) Click on link to YouTube Video Download Tool and paste saved link into a blank box provided at "Enter YouTube URL"

3) Then click on "Get Video" and decide what you want to name it and where you want to save it.

In order to view it, you have to download the player at the following link

VLC Media Player

To view movies you have saved, click on the "VLC Media Player" icon on your desktop. Click on "Quick Open File" to locate the file you saved and enjoy it.

No comments: