Friday, March 8, 2013

The painter

From the Laughter Club:

A Newfoundland painter by the name of Skipper Drover, while not a brilliant
scholar, was a gifted portrait artist. Over a short number of years, his fame
grew and soon people from all over the country were coming to him in
Long Harbour for his paintings.

One day, a beautiful young woman pulled up to his house in a stretch limo
and asked Skipper if he would paint her in the nude.
This was the first time anyone had made this request and it had Skipper
a bit perturbed. The beautiful lady told him that money was no object; in fact,
she was willing to pay up to $50,000.

Not wanting to get into trouble with his wife, Skipper asked the lady to wait while
he went in the house and conferred with Rose, his missus.

In a few minutes he returned and said to the lady, "T'would be me pleasure to
paint yer portrait, missus. The wife says it's okay. I'll paint ya in da nude, but
I has ta leave me socks on so I has a place to wipe me brushes..."

No comments: