Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Performance vs Position

From My InBox:




A priest dies and is awaiting his turn in line at Heaven's Gates.
Ahead of him is a guy, fashionably dressed, in dark sun glasses,

a loud shirt, leather jacket and jeans.

St Peter asks him: "Please tell me who are you, so that I may know whether to admit you into the Kingdom of Heaven or not?"

The guy replies: "I am Pandi, auto driver from Chennai!"


St Peter consults his ledger, smiles and says to Pandi: 
"Please take this silken robe and gold scarf, and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

Now it is the priest's turn.


He stands erect and speaks out in a booming voice: 

"I am the Pope's assistant, priest for the last 40 years."


St Peter consults his ledger and says to the priest:

"Please take this cotton robe and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

"Just a minute," says the agonized priest, "How is it that a foul mouthed, rash driving auto driver is given a silken robe and a golden scarf and me, a priest, who's spent his whole life preaching God's name and goodness has to make do with a cotton robe?"

"Results, my friend, results," shrugs St Peter.  "While you preached, people SLEPT; but when he drove his auto, people really PRAYED."


 It's PERFORMANCE and not POSITION that ultimately counts.




















No comments: