Friday, July 17, 2009

Racists

I have read this email about Tommy Hilfiger making racist comments on Oprah Winfrey Show many years before. According to Snopes, it is not true.

===============================================================================
From My InBox:

I’m sure many of you watched the recent taping of the Oprah Winfrey Show
where her guest was Tommy Hilfiger. On the show, she asked him if the
statements about race he was accused of saying were true.

Statements like ... *“If I’d known
African-Americans, Hispanics, Jewish and Asians would buy my clothes, I
WOULD NOT have made them so nice. I wish these people would *NOT* buy my
clothes, as they are made for upper class white people.”*

Tommy Hilfiger’s answer to Oprah was a simple *“YES.”* There after Oprah
immediately asked him to leave her show.

SUGGESTIONS:

(a) Don’t buy your next shirt or perfume from Tommy Hilfiger. Let’s give
him what he asked for. Let’s not buy his clothes, let’s put him in a
financial state where he
himself will not be able to afford the ridiculous prices he puts on his
clothes. BOYCOTT. PLEASE SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE YOU KNOW.

(b) Then send it to the whole community that’s not white people and see
the result. We have to see the result of unity. Let’s find out if NON-WHITES
really play such a small part in the world. Stop buying any range of their
(Tommy HILFIGER etc) products, perfumes, cosmetics, clothes, bags, etc..

No comments: