Saturday, June 28, 2014

Abe and Esther - a Tax Story ...

From My InBox:

Abe and Esther are flying to Australia for a two-week vacation to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Suddenly, over the public address system, the Captain announces: "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am afraid I have some very bad news. Our engines have ceased functioning and we will attempt an emergency landing. Luckily, I see an uncharted island below us and we should be able to land on the beach. However, the odds are that we may never be rescued and will have to live on the island for the rest of our lives!"

Thanks to the skill of the flight crew, the plane lands safely
on the island. 

An hour later Abe turns to his wife and asks, "Esther, did we pay our Visa and MasterCard bill yet?" 

"No, sweetheart," she responds. 

Abe, still shaken from the crash landing, then asks, "Esther, did we pay our American Express card yet?" 

"Oh, no! I'm sorry. I forgot to send the cheque," she says. 

"One last thing, Esther. Did you remember to send the Income tax cheque to Revenue Canada this month?" he asks.
"Oh, forgive me, Abe," begged Esther. "I didn't send that one, either." 

Abe grabs her and gives her the biggest kiss in 40 years. 

Esther pulls away and asks him, "What was that for?"
Abe answers, "They'll find us!" 


No comments: