Sunday, June 29, 2014

Golf

From My InBox:
When they discovered they lived in the same city only a few miles apart Ed 
was ecstatic. He immediately started asking her out when they got home.

Within a couple of weeks, Ed had taken Linda to dance clubs, restaurants,
concerts, movies, and museums. Ed became convinced that Linda was indeed his soul mate and true love. Every date seemed better than the last.

On the one-month anniversary of their first dinner on the cruise ship, Ed
took Linda to a fine restaurant.  While having cocktails and waiting for
their salad, Ed said,

"I guess you can tell I'm very much in love with you. I'd like a little
serious talk before our relationship continues to the next stage. So, before
I get a box out of my jacket and ask you a life changing question, it's only
fair to warn you, I'm a total golf nut. I play golf, I read about golf, I
watch golf on TV. In short, I eat, sleep, and breathe golf. If that's going
to be a problem for us, you'd better say so now!"

Linda took a deep breath and responded, "Ed, that certainly won't be a
problem. I love you as you are and I love golf too; but, since we're being
totally honest with each other, you need to know that for the last five
years I've been a hooker."

Ed said, "I bet it's because you're not keeping your wrists straight when
you hit the ball."




No comments: