Thursday, October 9, 2008

Confession: Bless me father for I have sinned.‏

> An elderly Italian man who lived on the outskirts of
> Rimini, Italy, went to the local church for confession.
>
> When the priest slid open the panel in the confessional, the man said:
> 'Father ... During World War II, a beautiful Jewish woman from our
> neighbourhood knocked urgently on my door and asked me to hide her from
> the Nazis. So I hid her in my attic.'
>
> The priest replied: 'That was a wonderful thing you did, and you have no
> need to confess that.'
>
> 'There is more to tell, Father... She started to repay me with sexual
> favours. This happened several times a week, and sometimes twice on
> Sundays.'
>
> The priest said, 'That was a long time ago and by doing what
> you did, you placed the two of you in great danger. but two people
> under those circumstances can easily succumb to the weakness of the flesh.
> However, if you are truly sorry for your actions, you are indeed
> forgiven.'
>
> 'Thank you, Father. That's a great load off my mind.
> I do have one more question.'
>
> 'And what is that?' asked the priest.
>
>
> 'Should I tell her the war is over?''

No comments: