Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bob Hope



Bob Hope!

For those of you too young to remember Bob, ask your
Grandparents!!!



ON TURNING 70 "You still chase women, but
only downhill".

ON TURNING 80 "That's the time of your life
when even your birthday
suit needs pressing.."

ON TURNING 90 "You know you're getting old
when the candles cost more
than the cake."

ON TURNING 100 " I don't feel old. In fact I
don't feel anything until
noon. Then it's time for my nap."

ON GIVING UP HIS EARLY CAREER, BOXING "I
ruined my hands in the ring
... the referee kept stepping on them."

ON NEVER WINNING AN OSCAR "Welcome to the
Academy Awards or, as it's
called at my home, 'Passover'."

ON GOLF "Golf is my profession. Show business
is just to pay the green
fees."

ON PRESIDENTS " I have performed for 12
presidents and entertained only
six."

ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS
CAREER " When I was born, the doctor
said to my mother, 'Congratulations You have
an eight-pound ham'."

ON RECEIVING THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL "I
feel very humble, but I
think I have the strength of character to
fight it."

ON HIS FAMILY'S EARLY POVERTY "Four of us
slept in the one bed. When it
got cold, mother threw on another
brother."

ON HIS SIX BROTHERS "That's how I learned to
dance. Waiting for the
bathroom."

ON HIS EARLY FAILURES "I would not have had
anything to eat if it
wasn't for the stuff the audience threw at
me."

ON GOING TO HEAVEN "I've done benefits for
ALL religions. I'd hate to
blow the hereafter on a technicality."

Give me a sense of humor. Lord, Give me the
grace to see a joke, to get some
humor out of life, and pass it on to other folks.

No comments: