Thursday, March 6, 2008

Search. Find. Watch TV on the Internet

I posted my grouse about Astro increasing their subscription fees and discovered that there are many websites I can go to for free programmes. Here is a movie or video search engine that I came across by chance.

At Find Internet TV, if you want to watch a particular TV programme, all you have to do is type in the name of the show and click search and it will display a number of sites where the same has been posted. Just click on the link to the websites that you are comfortable with.

I am not done with Astro yet. Do you think it is fair that as a subscriber, you have to fill in AstroView Magazine Subscription Form to receive a COMPLIMENTARY copy of Astro's new TV entertainment magazine until February 2009?

As I fill in this form, I wonder what has my financial status and the number and type of electronic appliances in my home got to do with this subscription. They even expect you to note how many people are in the house and rate the programmes each and everyone at home like to watch. I feel that it is like buying an electrical item and being told that I have to fill in a personal data and privacy invasive form for its manual to work it correctly.

What do you think?

No comments: