Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hotel Breakfast Tag

Ladies, u must read this for safety precautions when staying in a hotel.
Please keep in mind when you are travelling alone and forward to female
friends and colleagues who may travel alone. To the guys, share this
with your sisters and all those women you know. I've always used the
menu which hang outside your doorknob to order breakfast when on
business trips.

I was recently staying at a well-known hotel and I ordered room service
for the next day on the flyer-like thing that you stick outside your door.

On this order form, one writes her name, how many persons will be
eating, your room number, time of delivery and etc. I hung it on the
outside of my door for collection - it was a mistake! I had given
someone all the ammunition that he would need.

That someone went to my door-tag got my name and room number. And then
told the front desk that he was my husband (remember my tag showed 1
female name) and that he needed a new key. The clerk WITHOUT ASKING FOR ID OR CALLING MY ROOM GAVE HIM MY ROOM KEY!

At 2 a.m . I was awakened by my door opening (luckily I had put the
security bar across) with a man's hand trying to figure out how to get
the bar undone. I started yelling at him and told him that I was on the
phone with the police. He shut the door and left. I called down to the
lobby and spoke with the Front Desk - I wanted to alert Security about
the incident.

The hotel staff person said and I quote, "Oops, sorry about that" then
hung up. Well, let's just say that I was both terrified and angry the
rest of the night. Next morning, I spoke with a Hotel Manager whose eyes
almost popped out of his head when he learned that his clerk had given
an unidentified stranger a key to my room. Am I glad that I am typing
this to all of you with my 2 year old kid on my lap. I don't want to
think of what might have happened if the safety chain/bar had not been
secured.

Please forward this to your female family members & friends. Better be
safe than sorry.

No comments: