Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Writing on blogs. Am I wasting my time?

Can you still remember the time your new love hang on to every little utter you made? Don't expect to hear, "What's that you said, dear?", as the relationship grew into a marriage and blossomed into extended families.

If you want to insist on being heard, most often, you will have to shout over the din of kids calling out for your attention or clanging of pots and pans in rush to serve the hungry or the blaring TV because sports is on. Instead of getting upset over the lost adulation of one person, be happy by writing your heart out and be heard by many. Start blogging.

What can I write about? Things that I enjoy doing. Tips that I would like to keep and share. Good and bad experiences that I or people I know have been through. Good ones to inspire and motivate some actions. Bad ones to create an awareness and prevent another from suffering in the same manner.

While I focus on writing, instead of taking up the "Are you listening to me?" stances, other than benefiting my marriage by making me less vocal (aka nagging to hubby), have my blogs helped anyone? Yes, I have inspired Pat to extend a life through her creation.

I have influenced one of my friends to initiate De'Kidz Band. Check out the Recycled Musical Ware she has created to make it happen.

When my hubby is in the mood for some updates of my activities, all he has to do is google me and I am all there for him. And just in case he comes by this posting;

"I LOVE YOU, CAS."

2 comments:

pat said...

thanks a lot,Nancy! I'm so honored!! hehe

Nancy Poh said...

I hope this will encourage you to do more.