Saturday, August 4, 2007

Ironing? My favourite task and here is why.

What are the chores that you find most dreadful to perform at home? Most of my friends, who, if like me, do not have a maid at their beck and call, would say ironing is one of them. But that is my favourite task!

That is when I can tell my kids without feeling guilty, "Try doing it yourself. Mummy's ironing". Of course, I will try to sound as mournful as possible so that they will feel sorry for me and get the task done themselves.

What is so enjoyable about ironing? That is the only time when I can enjoy learning something new from audio tapes and CDs that I have on hand. Where do I buy them from? I get them free from the religious centre I am a member of. Infact, some audios can be downloaded free off websites. One of my favourite is "Liao-Fan's Four Lessons Audio Book". You will enjoy it if, as you are ironing, you believe that you are where you are (maid-less) because life is fated. Listen and learn what you can do to make your life better.

And when I run out of tapes to listen to, I make it a time for contemplation. To generate positive thoughts, make sure that you are facing your auspicious feng shui direction. That is what I do and I noticed that most of my creative ideas come to me during such happy mundane moments.

Don't believe me? Then check out how creative I can be.

No comments: