Monday, August 25, 2008

Where do I come from?

I have been told by my Mum when I was a kid, that I was picked from the garbage when I asked her where I came from.

I wonder if parents in Russia tell their children that they arrived in a wooden doll when they are not comfortable talking about sex to their young children.

Russian Newborn - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever

I remember telling my children, the first time they asked, that they came from their parents' love for each other. They were happy with that answer, so no explicit details were dispensed.

It would be interesting to know how parents in other countries talk about this when asked by their children.

1 comment:

Nancy Poh said...

My pals at Threadless said:

GreenRabbit: I know that in in Ukraine (which was part of Russia) it was very common to tell the children that they were picked from a cabbage field.

Orangehead: thus the cabbage patch dolls! here in the US, we have the old baby and stork tale. Storks fly over homes and deliver the babies in bundles.