Tuesday, February 24, 2009


I am not able to verify if this is a true story. However, there are many ways to enjoy aromatherapy so why take chances by lighting a candle while you are asleep in an enclosed room?

Hoax Slayer wrote about this email in 2004. Read some useful information posted about carbon monoxide poisoning with this story.

For those who sleep in the air-cond room
A friend of mine has passed away recently,
Please read the mail below and be careful.

Heard of a bad news regarding Charleine, who
studied in MSMKL with some of us. She passed
away last weekend due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

It happened when she lighted an aromatheraputic
candle for the night in a room with air-conditioning
on and all windows closed.

Due to lack of oxygen in the room, the burning of the
candle cannot fully oxidized & thus forming dangerous
carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide will prevent oxygen exchange in the
lungs, resulting the person dozing off to state of
unconsciousness & eventually death in less than 1 hour,
depending on the room size.

I am sending this e-mail out to all of you so that you will be aware of such
danger when lighting aromatheraputic candles in any unventilated rooms.

Please forward this email to all your love ones.

No comments: