Monday, February 2, 2009

The Ten Commandments

From My InBox:

*James had never been to the church all his life. But he showed up one
Sunday. *
* *
**
* *
* *
*After Mass, the priest caught him and said "James, I am so glad you
decided
to come to Mass, what made you come?"*


*

James said, "I got to be honest with you Father. A while back, I
misplaced
my hat and I really, really love that hat.*
*

*
*
I know that Shaun had one just like mine and I knew that Shaun came to
church every Sunday.
*
**
* *
*I know Shaun has to take off his hat during Mass and I figured he would
leave it in the back of church. So, I was going to leave after
Communion
and steal Shaun's hat."*

**

*The priest said, "But I notice that you don't have Shaun's hat with
you. "*

* *
**
* *
*James said "Well, after I heard your sermon on the 10 commandments, I
changed my mind."
*

*

The priest gave James a big smile and said*
* "After I talked about '**Thou shalt not steal',** you decided you
would
rather do without your hat than burn in Hell, right?"
*
**
*
James shook his head and said*
*"No, Father, after you talked about '**Thou Shalt Not Commit
Adultery**' *
* *

*I remembered where I left my hat."
*

No comments: