Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Streamyx connection down again

My Streamyx connection is down again. This time it's because my children messed around with the password for dialing up the connection.

It is a good thing that I have my Service Acceptance Form on hand, since I am not able to dial up to check my write up on "To change password to your Streamyx connection"

I called the TMNet number, 1300-889515, which is printed on the form and was given a new password to dial up. Then I went through the steps I have written to change my password but this time, it did not work.

So, I called TMNet and these are the additional steps you can take if you cannot change your password online.

1) Click on "Start" then click on "Control Panel"
2) Select "Network Connection" and click on it once to highlight it (turns blue)
3) Press the shift and delete keys together to remove it.
4) Look at the "Network Taskbar" on the left of "Network Connection" and click on "Create new connection".
5) At "New Connection Wizard" click on the "Next" button.
6) Select "Connect to the Internet", then click on the "Next" button.
7) Select "Set up my connection manually", then click on the "Next" button.
8) Select "Connect using broadband connection that requires a user name and password", then click on the "Next" button.
9) Type in "Streamyx" for ISP Name, then click on the "Next" button.
10) Type in your (user name)@streamyx and type in your new password. The user name should be the one you have registered with Streamyx
11) Type in your new password again, then click on the "Next" button.
12) Click on the "Finish" button and a dial up box will appear.
13) Dial up using your new password and you are on.

So, the next time my kids mess up my connection, they know what they should do or else.....

No comments: