Monday, June 9, 2008

Karma? What's that?

I discovered that it easier for me to teach my children after sending them to the Sunday Dhamma School at Sungai Long Buddhist Society.

Should they misbehave, I can stop them by saying that it is bad for my karma to shout or beat them. If they do not finish up their food, I would say that it is bad for their karma.

"Karma" is best described as a debt owing or reaction to an action. So, bad actions begets bad karma and good karma creates good reaction.

My children understand that if they harm anyone physically, emotionally, mentally or spiritually, they will be placed in a similar incident where they will be the victim. So, it is a mighty magical word to teach my children with.

Do you see the picture now?



Some animals have to die to feed us. So don't throw away your food. I cannot find a better picture to get my children to clean up their plates.

No comments: