Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I just became a cartoonist!

I love living now. You do not have to be an expert to do anything you believe in. Just do it and here is my first effort as a cartoonist.



This venture started with a request for presentations on sharing Dharma from a fellow member of SlideShare, Zheng Jiqiang. Zheng introduced me to Ohteikbin who have created movie clips on YouTube and cartoons on ToonDoo to teach.

My message for my cartoon of the day is:

Ask and You Shall receive: The only way to learn what you can get is by asking for what you want. Found that passage at Personal Development.

And... expect to get more than you ask for.

Learned that from my own experience and from watching Cameron Johnson on Oprah's Big Give final. He wrote to invite Blue Man Group to do a special performance for Chicago Hope Academy, a college and life prep school for inner city kids. He highlighted their efforts to raise the USD100K needed to build an athletic field.

Blue Man Group not only agreed to perform, they also donated a USD50,000 check for the athletic field and another USD50,000 for the music and arts program. To top that, the group included 15 new guitars donated from Fender and a new upright piano from Gibson.

So! You have been warned. Expect more than you ask for.

No comments: