Monday, September 22, 2008

Tomato Garden

> > An old Italian man lived alone in New Jersey . He

> > wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was

> > very difficult work, as the ground was hard. His only

> > son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison.

> >

> > The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his

> > predicament:

> >

> > Dear Vincent,

> > I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won't

> > be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just

> > getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if

> > you were here, my troubles would be over. I know you

> > would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old

> > days.

> > Love,Papa

> >

> > A few days later he received a letter from his son.

> > Dear Pop,

> > Don't dig up that garden. That's where

> > the bodies are buried.

> > Love, Vinnie

> >

> > At 4am the next morning, FBI agents and local

> > police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding

> > any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left.

> > That same day the old man received another letter from

> > his son.

> >

> > Dear Pop,

> > Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best

> > I could do under the circumstances.

> > Love you, Vinnie

No comments: