Friday, September 5, 2008

Not about politics. It's your history.

I have received the results for "World's Best Presentation Contest 2008", organised by SlideShare. "Zimbabwe in Crisis", a presentation by Daniel Hrstich won 3rd placing. I read it and this is what it has inspired me to write.

There is a past I belong to
I was not a part of
I did not response
I did not talk about

Atrocious acts
Meaningless deaths
They were on the news
In a place far, far way
I cried but took no actions
And soon...they were forgotten

There is a past I belong to
It is back to haunt me
I am deemed a minority
A squatter in my homeland
I have lost my rights
It's frightening
They sound so familiar
Where will this lead to...?

There is a past you belong to
You may not be a part of
There is a need to probe
Depravity
Social injustice
Lest they be forgotten
And history repeats itself...

============================================================================
From My Inbox:

Zimbabwe in Crisis
View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: refugee hyperinflation)

No comments: