Sunday, April 20, 2008

Did you see it coming?

Have you heard of single line drawing? I received an email from my friend, about it with a picture of Jesus Christ. He said that the drawing started from the nose and was done in 1884.

Curious about it, I decided to do a search and this is what I have discovered.



Did you see the picture coming out from all those messy lines?

My search also led me to Paintalicious. From a comment made by its reader, I discovered Rare Books on Calligraphy and Penmanship. This website provides a list, in alphabetical order, books that are no longer in print. Every pages of such books are preserved in digital format and can be downloaded in their entirety.

So, now you can print any single line picture that you like or learn how to create your own by downloading the book "Real Pen Work - Self Instructor in Penmanship".

Another link on Google led me to The Free Dictionary. It does not carry any definitions of single line drawing but it provides links to acronyms to the letters "SLD" that are available. Wow, a website that provides links to anything related to what you are looking under the following categories:

Dictionary/thesaurus

Medical dictionary

Legal dictionary

Financial dictionary

Acronyms

Idioms

Encyclopedia

Wikipedia

A great site for my kids' database.

Ole to "Seek and you shall find". I didn't see all these coming from my search for "single line drawing".

No comments: