Monday, April 28, 2008

Sharing your PowerPoint Slides

If you have not noticed, I have been clearing my emails recently. In the process, I came across many attachments of PowerPoint slides with very useful information on them. I was not able to share them earlier as I did not know how to download them on my blogs until I discovered Slide Share.

Dave shares what this is about.



Here are the steps if you would like to share slides on your blogs.

1) Go to Slide Share.
2) You have the option to sign up as a member to upload your slides or you can do it as a guest. I have 2 accounts there as I have posted some of my slides as a guest.
3) Click on "Upload" which is on the top left hand corner of the screen.
4) Browse to locate the file you would like to upload. If your PowerPoint slides is an email attachment, you will have to download it to your drive first. I downloaded slides I have received on my desktop and delete them after I have posted them on Slide Share. That way, the desktop will not be clutter with files thus slowing down my system.
5) Once the uploading has been completed, you have to indicate whether you want your slides to be viewed by everyone on the site. Put a description to the slides you are uploading then click "Publish". You can also opt to delete file if you change your mind.
6) You will have to wait for a while to have your slides converted and posted on the website.
7) Once it has been converted, click on the picture of the slide and you will see the codes you need to copy and paste on your blog.
8) Alternatively, you can view the slides I have posted on this blog and copy the codes of the ones you like and post them on your blog.

No comments: