Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Error reports when using firefox

Since I have recommended using Firefox as a browser, I think I should advise of the possible problem you will face with it.

It is the "error report" that appears before Firefox browser closes down on you just as soon as you click on the "Mozilla Firefox" icon on your desktop. There is an option to send the errors reports to Microsoft. As this happens to me often, I did a search and found the solution on Yahoo! Answers.

SharksRule in his reply provided the steps to disable Windows' error reporting system.

1) Click on "Start"
2) Click on Run
3) Type "sysdm.cpl"
4) Click on OK
5) Go to the "Advanced" tab at System Properties Box
6) Click on the "Error Reporting" button
7) Select the "Disable Error Reporting" option and the box for "But notify me when critical errors occur" will be checked.
8) Click OK to apply and OK again to close the box.

I have just done that. You will hear from me again if I have any more problem with error reports.

No comments: